AIDS and HIV Infection

When Social Security receives a disability application for someone with an HIV infections or AIDS, the agency processes it quickly. If you are applying for SSI, to speed up your claim even more, ask your doctor to fill out the HIV Medical Report (call the SSA and ask for  Form SSA-4814 for adults and SSA-4815 for children). This form asks your doctor for details on the complications you're experiencing and which of your activities are affected. This form will help Social Security decide whether you are eligible for presumptive disability benefits -- a monthly SSI check for up to six months while Social Security decides whether to approve you for disability benefits.

How old are you?

Talk to a Disability Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How it Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you