Social Security Overpayments

How old are you?

From time to time Social Security may pay you more SSDI, SSI, or retirement benefits than you are owed. This can happen when you don't report changes in your income or living situation or when Social Security makes a mistake.

If Social Security discovers you have been overpaid, you will receive a notice of the overpayment and money will be deducted from your Social Security or SSI check until the overpayment is paid back. If you can't pay it back, you can appeal the overpayment, request that the repayment of the overpayment be waived, negotiate a repayment plan, or get the overpayment discharged in bankruptcy.

America's Foremost Disability Expert

America's Foremost Disability Expert

3 Things You Must Know About Social Security Disability Claims

  1. ⅔ of all initial claims are rejected
  2. You need to hire a professional to be successful
  3. You don't have to pay experts up front

Are you eligible?

Check Eligibility

Talk to a Disability Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How it Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you