Margaret Wadsworth

Margaret Wadsworth has been an attorney for 20 years. She operates the  Wadsworth Law Firm  located in Conway, SC. Her practice includes disability law, elder law, Medicaid eligibility planning, Aid and Attendance eligibility planning, Special Needs planning, estate planning,  and veterans discharge upgrades. She serves clients up and down the Grand Strand and does house calls.

She holds a law degree from Northeastern University School of Law and a B.A. degree from the University of Massachusetts at Boston (summa cum laude).   Wadsworth has been licensed to practice law in Massachusetts since 1994 and in South Carolina since 2013.   She is a member of  Elder Counsel, accredited with the  VA to represent veterans, admitted to practice before the  US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, is a Registered Representative with the Social Security Administration, and is a member of the  National Organization of Veterans Advocates.  

Margaret's other pages

View Margaret's Google Plus page

Articles By Margaret Wadsworth

Can I Get Disability Benefits After an Other Than Honorable Discharge From the Military?
Your eligibility for service-connected veterans disability compensation benefits and VA health care benefits will vary depending on the type of discharge you received when you left the military.
Is There a Statute of Limitations to Apply for Veterans' Disability or to Appeal a Denial?
There is no statute of limitations to apply for veterans disability compensation or other VA benefits. However, you should file an application for benefits (article) as soon as possible after you are disabled. It can take the VA months or even years to grant you benefits. Fortunately, when the VA does
How Can the VA Reduce a 100%, Stabilized Rating?
The VA has reduced my benefits. I am more than confident that this action is retaliation. Their reason for the reduction is ridiculous.
Why did the VA reduce my disability benefits?
It is very frustrating, after years of fighting through all the headaches and finally obtaining disability benefits from the VA, to suddenly find that your disability benefits are going to be reduced. You may have believed that the monthly payment from the VA would continue indefinitely without changing.
Permanent and Temporary Workers' Comp Benefits in Colorado
Here's how your workplace injury will be rated and paid under Colorado's workers' comp system.
Appealing a Colorado Workers' Compensation Denial
If you disagree with any decisions made by the insurance company on your workers' comp claim, you have the right to appeal those decisions. It is a good idea to have an attorney help you navigate this complex procedural process in order to ensure all of your rights are protected.
The VA Denied My Disability Claim. How Do I Appeal the Decision?
The VA has just released a new version of the form to appeal a denial of veterans disability benefits from the VA.
Appealing a Kansas Workers' Compensation Denial
If you live in Kansas and are denied workers' compensation benefits, or you don't believe you've been awarded all of the benefits you are entitled to, you have the right to ask for a hearing with the Kansas Division of Workers' Compensation.
Can You Receive Both Veterans Disability and Social Security Disability Income? How Do They Differ?
Sometimes you can receive both veterans benefits and Social Security disability benefits, but in certain cases, you cannot. It depends upon what type of veterans or Social Security benefits you now receive. You can receive VA service-connected disability compensation and Social Security disability insurance
Can a Child of a Veteran With No Parental Rights Get VA Benefits?
Can I still get benefits for Vietnam vets' children, like Agent Orange-affected benefits? How difficult would it be to do this?