- What Are the Rules and Requirements for Social Security Disability Cases?
- Applying for Disability After an Amputation
- Applying Online for Disability: Tips on Answering Social Security's Questions
- Should One Doctor Fill Out The Mental & Physical Disability Forms?
- Social Security Disability Guidelines
- Disability Determination Services and Social Security Disability Claims
Talk to a Disability Lawyer
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
To be eligible for Social Security disability insurance (SSDI), you must earn less than a certain amount of money each month (or you'll be considered able to do substantial gainful activity), have paid FICA taxes for a certain number of years to the Social Security Administration (generally at least five to ten years), and fulfill certain citizenship or lawful residency requirements (but foreign workers can qualify for SSDI).