- When You Can Get Social Security Disability Benefits for Colon Cancer
- Getting Social Security Disability Benefits for Severe Gastroparesis
- How to Get Disability Benefits for Ulcerative Colitis
- Can I Get Disability for Leaky Gut Syndrome?
- Can I Get Disability for Inflammatory Bowel Disease?
- How Quickly Can I Get Disability Benefits for Esophageal Cancer?
Talk to a Disability Lawyer
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
The Social Security Administration (SSA) recognizes that severe disorders of the digestive system can render someone unable to work. In its impairment listings, the SSA lays out its criteria for getting disability for inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, and severe weight loss due to digestive disorders. If you match one of the SSA's impairment listings, or you have a digestive disorder that is similar to one of the listings, you can get disability benefits. If you have an unlisted impairment, such as IBS, celiac disease, GERD, or gout, it's possible to get benefits if you show the SSA that your capacity to work has been greatly reduced.