- Reasons Why LTD Permanent Disability Can Be Canceled
- Precautions to Take to Avoid Long-Term Disability Fraud
- Should I Hire a Long-Term Disability Attorney?
- Finding a Long-Term Disability (LTD) Lawyer to Handle an LTD Denial
- Can I Be Fired While on Leave for Disability?
- California Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance Terms, Continued
- Long-Term Disability Insurance Terms
Long-term disability (LTD) insurance is usually purchased by groups, not individuals. Some employers who offer life insurance to their employees also provide their employees with an insurance policy to provide benefits in case of long-term disability. These LTD policies are purchased from large insurers such as Aetna, Cigna, Unum, Metlife, and Prudential. Long-term disability policies usually pay between 50%-80% of your pre-disability salary if you become unable to work, but only after a waiting period, typically six months.