- RFC for Fibromyalgia
- At What Age Are People Usually Diagnosed With Fibromyalgia? How Does This Affect Disability?
- Getting Disability for Fibromyalgia Brain Fog, or Fibro Fog
- How Is Fibrositis Different From Fibromyalgia?
- How Social Security Evaluates Chronic Pain in Disability Claims
- Tips for Applying for Disability With Fibromyalgia
- Social Security Disability (SSDI & SSI) for Fibromyalgia
Social Security gets many disability applications that allege fibromyalgia, often as one of mulitple medical conditions. Many disability claims examiners at Social Security do not take fibromyalgia seriously and will try to deny a fibromyalgia claim unless it's combined with another serious impairment. However, the courts that have heard disability appeals on the issue of fibromyalgia disability have indicated more of a willingness to approve disability benefits for severe fibromyalgia. This is a controversial area of disability law, one that will continue to develop in the next few years.