- Advanced Hearing Strategies Used by Social Security Disability Lawyers
- Questions About Social Security Disability Hearings
- Representing Yourself at a Disability Hearing
- Scheduling and Expediting Disability Hearings
- What Happens at a Social Security Disability Hearing?
- Social Security Disability & SSI: Approval, Denials & Back Pay
- Should I Agree to a Video Hearing for My Disability Hearing or Demand an In-Person Hearing?
- Can a judge send me to a Social Security physical after my disability hearing?
Talk to a Disability Lawyer
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
If your request for reconsideration of Social Security's denial of your disability is also denied, you can appeal further by requesting a hearing before an administrative law judge (ALJ). The ALJ will take a fresh look at your claim and any new medical evidence you've submitted, and make a decision after asking you and a vocational expert questions at the hearing.
You have a much better chance of winning disability benefits at the disability hearing than any other step. Unfortunately, it takes a long time to get a hearing date.