- Expedited Benefits May Be Available If Cancer Worsens After Applying for Disability
- Social Security Disability Benefits for Terminal Illness (TERI) Patients
- When Social Security Will Expedite a Disability Application as a Critical Case?
- Quick Disability Determination Process for Social Security Disability Cases
- Social Security Compassionate Allowances
Talk to a Disability Lawyer
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
There are six types of claims called “critical cases” that the Social Security Administration (SSA) is required to approve or deny more quickly than usual: dire need claims, claims where the safety of the claimant or others is at issue, claims for severe, easily approved illnesses, terminal illnesses, claims by military personnel injured during active duty, or claims where there has been a congressional or other high priority inquiry. If you or an applicant you know is suicidal or homicidal, or doesn't have food, medicine, or housing, be sure to let Social Security know so that the agency will expedite the claim.