Sample Notice of Award From the Social Security Administration
Social Security Administration
Retirement, Survivors and Disability Insurance
Notice of Award
Office of Central Operations
1500 Woodlawn Drive
Baltimore, Maryland 21241-1500
Date: March 1, 2004
Claim Number: xxx-xx-xxxxHA
123 Claimant Lane
Somewhere, NC 28996
Your are entitled to monthly disability benefits beginning June 2003. The Date You Became Disabled.
We found that you became disabled under our rules on December 7, 2002. However, you have to be disabled for 5 full calendar months in a row before you can be entitled to benefits. For these reasons, your first month of entitlement to benefits is June 2003.
What We Will Pay And When
- You will receive $7,356.00 on approximately March 7, 2004.
- This is the money you are due for June 2003 through February 2004.
- Your next payment of $1065.00, which is for March 2004, will be received on or about the second Wednesday of April 2004.
- After that, you will receive $1065.00 on or about the second Wednesday of each month.
- These and any future payments will go to the financial institution you selected. Please let us know if you change your mailing address so we can send you letters directly.
The day we make payments on this record is based on your date of birth.
Do You Think We Are Wrong?
If you think we are wrong, you have the right to appeal. We will correct any mistakes and will look at any new facts you have. A person who did not make the first decision will decide your case.
- You have 60 days to ask for an appeal.
- The 60 days start the day after you get this letter.
- You must have a good reason if you wait more than 60 days to ask for an appeal.
Learn more about disability award letters.